Please become a Friend of Linden Place and share our vision for preserving and restoring one of America’s architectural treasures. The Friends of Linden Place, non-profit organization, was created in 1989, based on the urgent need to save the magnificent 1810 DeWolf mansion from destruction or development. Due to the formidable drive of the earliest volunteers, the “crown jewel” of Bristol’s historic waterfront district was saved and is today maintained through fundraisers, grants and memberships.
Unlimited free tours of the mansion and grounds. Discounted or free admission to academic and cultural programs, concerts and events such as our Fourth of July Parade Picnic. 15% discount on museum store purchases. Annual subscription to our newsletter, Linden Place News. Admission to our exclusive members-only events. Discounts on special event rentals after one year of membership. Personalized membership card granting admission to regular mansion tours.
- All benefits listed above for an affordable rate for those 25 years old and under.
- All benefits listed above for one person.
- All benefits listed above for two adults and their children at the same address.
Colt Circle $100.00
Named for Ethel Barrymore Colt Miglietta, the renowned singer and patroness of the arts, who with her mother, actress Ethel Barrymore, summered at Linden Place.
- Family membership benefits, free or heavily discounted admission to all concerts and four passes granting free museum admission.
- Colt Circle benefits for two PLUS special recognition in our newsletter, Linden Place News
- Family membership benefits, four free passes granting museum admission, significant discounts on event rentals for corporate events, special recognition in our newsletter and four corporate membership cards.
- Colt Circle membership benefits, ten passes granting free admission to guests, special recognition in our newsletter, significant discounts on special event rentals and a private behind the scenes guided tour with the Director.
Due to technically difficulties, please call the Linden Place office to renew or become a member, please call 401-253-0390
Join Friends of Linden Place today with our Online Membership Application below– Please call the Linden Place office to renew/become a member. .
The Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
I. To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
II. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
III. To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
IV. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
V. To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
VI. To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
VII. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
VIII. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
IX. To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
X. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.